The Atelier Coordinator is key to the retail and customer experience in our Auckland Flagship Showroom. This role is responsible for ensuring a seamless experience for our brides throughout the fitting and alterations process. To excel in this role, the candidate will require a balance of administrative skills, strong technical seamstressing skills, and an impeccable approach to customer service.
There are three key aspects to this role:
- Technical seamstressing – performing bridal fittings, alterations and creation of bespoke pieces as required;
- Atelier coordination and management – managing the atelier’s workflow and quality of work;
- Customer service – ensuring the delivery of a warm, welcoming and responsive bridal fitting experience for our brides.
The Atelier Coordinator will work closely with our Lead seamstress to manage the alterations workload and with our sales team to manage customer correspondence and fitting appointments. The ability to remain calm and communicate concisely is imperative.
Broadly, this person will be responsible for activities such as:
- Coordinating our atelier’s work to ensure a professional and high-quality outputs and ensure that we continue to deliver the best bridal fitting experience for our brides.
- Collaborating with our bridal stylists, led by our Showroom Retail Manager, to prepare for fitting appointments, ensure we meet our brides’ wedding timelines, and manage the atelier’s workload.
- Managing customer correspondences and interactions related to fittings and customisations.
- Ensuring that all alterations criteria are met before they are due.
- Ensuring accurate capture of fitting information.
- Ensuring the atelier’s productivity and efficiency.
- Performing alterations work.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- A minimum of five years’ seamstress or dressmaking experience in luxury and/or bridal fashion
- Highly developed knowledge in bridal high-fashion fabrics, wedding gown or evening dress design and constructions
- Experience managing an atelier or similar workroom, especially in situations requiring the team to work to set deadlines
- Customer service experience, especially in situations where a high level of customer service is expected
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to speak and write fluently in English is required as the role will interact regularly with our brides
- A passion for fashion especially in bridal
- Experience in using systems and processes related to the retail channel
- A qualification in fashion, retail, sales, or any related field preferred but not critical
(please expect these skills to be tested during the recruitment process)
The following attributes will be key to success:
- Ability to multitask and prioritise in a fast-moving environment
- A calm demeanour and ability to react positively in high pressure situations (in particular during our peak fitting periods)
- Strong memory recall
- High attention to details and precise workmanship
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- An outgoing personality with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Absolute care, focus and energy with regards to the smooth and exceptional experience for our brides from the moment they meet us
- Warm, friendly, and gregarious
- Respectful but resilient
- Professional and well-presented
- Diligent, structured and has a meticulous eye for detail
- A proven willingness to work collaboratively and create a fantastic environment for customers and your colleagues
- A great work ethic and a willingness to work hard to deliver results
- A growth mindset – not set in ways and willingness to learn and innovate
- Ability to legally work in New Zealand (NZ residency or citizenship is ideal)
Apply now by emailing your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Come and join our team
The Atelier Coordinator is key to the retail and customer experience in our Auckland Flagship Showroom. This role is responsible for ensuring a seamless experience for our brides throughout the fitting and alterations process. This a perfect role for someone with a balance of administrative skills, strong technical seamstressing skills, and an impeccable approach to customer service.